Wednesday, December 10, 2014

First Attempt at the Burner

I made a first attempt at a burner tonight. I'll post a complete parts list once I get it working the way I want. For this iteration, I tried milling some slots in the side near the gas outlet. Then I made a sleeve out of a slightly larger pipe so I could adjust the airflow as needed.

The additional air helped to make an impressive flame, but it still wasn't what I was looking for.

It's big, but not as hot as I think I'll need. I'm looking for a mostly blue flame so I think I'll have to step the design up to a forced air configuration. Back to the hardware store tomorrow for more parts....

No comments:

Post a Comment